Thursday, July 18, 2013

IPSY BAG JULY 2013

My overall rating is 4/5
Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that delivers deluxe size samples and full size beauty products straight to your door. You will typically get abut 4-5 products along with a cosmetic bag, once a month, for $10. Shipping and handling included. Your credit card will be billed on the first of every month but you can cancel your subscription at anytime. Expect your bag in the middle of each month.

I've heard a lot of great reviews about this company really stepping up their game in the past six months and decided to join in. This is my first bag from them that I PERSONALLY PURCHASED MYSELF. Below I will include pictures as well as my first impressions of each product. I'll update these later after I've actually really used the products.


I was so excited about all of these products! Although I decided to subscribe only after having seen the Benetint spoiler, because it's something I've been wanting to try it for so long.


Benetint by Benefit. This is the sample size version which is about half of the amount you would get in the full size bottle. I really like this product on my cheeks. It gave me a really pretty, barely noticeable, glow, which I believe is the purpose of blush. It's impossible to put too much since this stain is difficult to layer. I tried it on my lips and was severely disappointed. I could only get the stain to stick to the inner portion of my lips. Am I doing something wrong here? This stuff is watery and dries fast so work quick. Just saying.


Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof humidity resistant hairspray. I haven't tried it yet. I'll put this product to the test on Sunday. Let's see if it can endure Florida's humidity. (50ml)



Here are three different samples of bhcosmetics eye shadows from three different collections. The purple is from the Hollywood collection. The bronze looking color (middle) is from the San Francisco collection. The gold is from the Malibu collection. Malibu is the most pigmented of the three. They are all three very pretty, shimmery, colors  although I was hoping for more pigmentation from the Hollywood color. I'm excited to use the gold and the purple in a look that I have in mind.



The retractable Pouty Pop Crayon from POP Beauty in Coral Crush. This is a full size product. This is the second product I was most excited about. I was hoping to get thFuchsia Flirt but this one is a pretty color as well. It's very smooth, moisturizing and highly pigmented. Overall, I'm satisfied; it's a great shade for the summertime. When applied is looks somewhat matte with a hint of shine.

 The last product is the COOLA unscented mineral sunscreen (SPF20) moisturizer. (7ml) I'll let you know what I think after I've worn it for a day. I don't really have any expectations for this product since it's just a moisturizer. I'll let you guys know if it's greasy or not.


Here's a link to the www.ipsy.com website. This is NOT a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment